Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Alright folks, here we have it. A rough bio for my character. Twist my rubber arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Nancy Pettigrew
    Alias: Ohms (for the poor, get it? Besides, “Blazing Gunsâ€
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

Re: The Questers, an open invitation.

Cool character, Quaxo.
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Thanks, Q.

I sketched a pic of Nancy that I believe captures her quite well. I have a short story that I pulled the character from that I may put up if people want to see it too.
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://server2.uploadit.org/files/LordMattson-ForceA.jpg[/img] Name: James Rook aka Force

History and notes: Despite the role he now finds himself in, James wasn't a merc before getting the armor. He had a history of brushing against the world of super heroes several times including working security at Genetech several years back. More recently, he was support for a company that split off of Hammer Corp. James was to just drive a van while a professional merc was to test the rebuilt Force armor. The other man had secretly planned to sell the armor to AIM. James narrowly evaded being killed by the merc
    and rushed to the back of the van. Doing the only thing he could think of, he jumped into the armor. Unbeknownst to James, the armor is set to recognize the wearer as the owner. In that moment, he became the only man who could run the armor without a total rework of the armor.

Without thinking too much about what he's going to be doing, James agrees to work as the pilot of the Force armor. However, his morals quickly start to complicate things. Now, he still walking the line between becoming a heartless merc or stealing the armor and running.

And never ever ask him what his middle name is.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

Ohhh man. Now I want to ask!!!!
    |*Just a SILLY little clone*|

|*Winner of the 2004 & 2005 Ophelia''s Cutest Character Award*|

*Fear me*... the "lovable psycho." ~Qwaring
    ...to the topTop

Fine, I'll ask.

If tin whistles are made of tin, what do they make foghorns out of?

Uhm, hold on, I think I got the wrong question. Hmph. Oh well.

By the way, feel free to post on the RP thread any time you're ready. There's a Stane Internation yacht about fifty or so miles away from the island, it gave Vector and Bel a ride that far so their glider could take them the rest of the way. They're armed, with ion-cannons and such to scare off any monsters in the water, but they won't see anyone approaching from the other side of the island or who are approaching from under the water, or are normally hard to see.

By the way, I have a few corrections on two things that I've been refering to to make, because apparently my memory is not as sharp as I would think.
    It's called Monster Isle, not island. And it's Stane International, not industries. On a related note, the isle has been refered to being located in the Bermuda triangle and the pacific, so I'm sort of/kind of right about that one.

And for a little background, Stane International is one of the world's leading manufacturers of state-of-the-art technology used in electronic components, munitions, automation, life-support systems, scientific instruments, air and space crafts. They also provide SHIELD with all of their gadgets and weapons. So the spy plane was most likely a joint effort between Stane International and an aircraft manufacturer, SI provides the stealth tech and the other guys provides the parts that actually fly. But SI is still the ones hiring Vector and Bel to grab the blackbox, which would contain vast amounts of technical information on the planes stealth and propulsion systems, both of which are worth billions in defense contracts to any of SI's competitors.

Also I've been thinking about what happened to the plane itself, I was thinking that the current leader of the Isle and its monster inhabitants found it and had his monstrous minions drag it into his/her underground lair. In the comics this leader would be the Mole-Man, but I was thinking that unless anyone is really itching to RP the Mole-Man we could substitute this for an all new villain/ess.
    As for why he/she would want the spy plane, I don't know, maybe he/she's converting it into a stealth missile that will carry a payload of giant monster bug eggs inside of it. He/she'd want to launch this egg missile at the US, it crashes, the eggs hatch and the country is over run with giant monster bugs that he/she can control.
    Or maybe he/she's a collecteor of crashed planes.

Thoughts?
    ...to the topTop

Why am I all of a sudden reminded of the Voltron 'Space Coffins' that delivered the ro-gantizized beastie of the week into the fray?
    ******Ralthric Mountain-Leveler*****
    Chief of the Prarie Minotaurs

A Smokin' Joe Production
    ...to the topTop

Think of old movie stars with the name James and you might figure it out.

And that sounds like an interesting plot Q. The new villian could have tricked the Mole Man and taken over. So maybe the new bad wants to make some new Monster Isles out of Hawaii or any other Pacific Islands. And I find the Isle to work nicely in the Pacific or given the fact the Mole Man's tech can move large domains to the underground, perhaps Monster Isle can create a cover feild, go underground, and resurface at the other local.

And I should PM Quaxo and see how we're going to handle the intro.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Aliexster\";p=\"5229
    Why am I all of a sudden reminded of the Voltron 'Space Coffins' that delivered the ro-gantizized beastie of the week into the fray?
    I don't know. The last time I saw anything related to Voltron was back in 1985, so my memories are a little hazy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson\";p=\"5231
    And that sounds like an interesting plot Q. The new villian could have tricked the Mole Man and taken over. So maybe the new bad wants to make some new Monster Isles out of Hawaii or any other Pacific Islands.
    That sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson\";p=\"5231
    And I find the Isle to work nicely in the Pacific or given the fact the Mole Man's tech can move large domains to the underground, perhaps Monster Isle can create a cover feild, go underground, and resurface at the other local.
    That's a good explaination.
    ...to the topTop

Alright, I think I got the time to put forth my character sheet.

Name: Jogre "Lucky" Liu
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 210 lbs.
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Brown

History
    Jogre, formerly Corporal Liu of the United States Army Ranger corps. What might be the start of his career would be on his first life training exercise where they were dropped off in the California wilderness, miles from anything approaching civilization. They managed to survive for a few days while evading the opposing force. Just as they were about to be pulled out, the helicopter managed to land on an ancient Japanese balloon bomb that blew it up right in front of Jorge's face and would have been killed if he had not just got into cover before a piece of shrapnel took off his head. Afterwards he lead the rest of the squad out, avoiding the various hazards to get back to the world.
    Afterwards he graduated as top of his class and went on a grand total of one mission in Canada as part of a joint venture to scout out a terrorist compound in Quebec. While feeling out the weakness of the defenses when the Alpha Flight tore in and did a good job of clearing things out, causing a considerable amount of collateral damage with Jogre just avoiding being killed in the crossfire. Once that mission was done, he had to sit back and wait for his term of service to run out, there not being much need for such an offensively trained soldier.
    So as many men in his sort of situation did what he had to survive, he became a high priced mercenary selling his skills in infiltration, sniping, and reconnaissance to the highest bidder.

Mission: Obtain genetic samples of various creatures on Monster Isle for possible medical or commercial development.
    Supplemental Any advanced Underrealm technology retrieved will increase the pay voucher. Double if device is still operational when accepted. Other directives are left to your own recognisance.

Powers: exemplary military training, some would say some sort of weird 'mutant luck thingy', but those who have said to his face soon found themselves missing a little bit of their own.

Personality: Boredom punctuated by moments of frantic action. He does not overly enjoy battle, but it is what he has been trained to do and does so rather well. He does take pride that he does so with only his wits and the right equipment when he can get it, without any special powers of any kind. It is a grave insult to think that his abilities are anything other than ordinary human ingenuity and dedication. Otherwise, a good way to describe him would be stoic.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast