Finding Home

Quaxo9

Re: Finding Home

Post by Quaxo9 »

Fira-Nar

She honestly hadn't expected such a story and she feared that her jaw might have become a tad slack in the hearing. Recovering in what she imagined was good time, she nodded sympathetically. It struck her then that perhaps she should have gotten more information before coming to talk to Sellia.

"Well, what if I went and got his name? He didn't ask to see you, but he knew your full name. Maybe I can find out who he is and how he knows you first and then see if you might recognize him?"

Perhaps there was no need for her to play intermediary, but it bothered her that Sellia's past had gaps in it - who knew where this man fit into the picture? He could have been an enemy of hers - hiding amongst the apparently larger threat of the Dremora. Accept their story and automatically accept his... No, Fira was certain she wanted to talk to this vampire further - hopefully Sellia would agree.
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Sellia and Gwindor

"Thank you," Sellia said, the relief evident in her voice. "I appreciate that. I don't know if his name will help, but perhaps it will? If not, at least knowing his background seems useful."

When Fira had left to speak to the vampire newcomer, Gwindor asked Sellia quietly, "Is something else wrong? Some trouble beyond your inability to remember?"

He could read her too well, as if he'd known her all her life.

She shook her head, then nodded, then shrugged helplessly. "It will sound silly."

"I doubt that." His face held no mockery, only concern.

"I feel a... foreboding."

"A doom?"

Again, she sensed no jest, and she nodded.

Gwindor seemed unsurprised. "My people place grave value on such intuitions. You should heed it. I will heed it too. We must use much caution."

"Thank you for understanding. It may turn out to be nothing..."

He nodded. "Let us hope so. If we err on the side of too much care, so be it. Better that than too little."

Sellia twined her fingers through Gwindor's and nodded. She hoped she was being irrational - and she didn't want to turn away a fellow vampire in need over mere sentiment - but her gut still warned her of danger ahead.
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Fira-Nar

The argonian made her way back to the gate at an unhurried pace. While she wanted to get the information from the man for Sellia as soon as she could, she didn't really want the man to think that was her goal in returning. It bothered her, she supposed - on Sellia's behalf?, that the man would introduce his knowledge of Sellia's presence, but not his own name. To her relief, the group seemed to be loitering just within the confines of the camp. Out of the way, yet visible.

Fira first gave Drina and Angus a quick check. Both seemed to be fine. They didn't seem upset in any way, so nothing explosive must have happened while she was gone. Good. She skirted them, though, and approached the group of dremora and one vampire closer to where the vampire was standing.The argonian thought to lean against the wall, but thought better of it and simply stood with her hands tucked amicably into her belt.

"So, I guess I probably missed the introductions - I'm Fira-Nar. And you are?"

'Start simple' she thought 'then work your way in to the information you really want.' It was as much a mantra as a reminder in her mind.
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

The Handsome Vampire

The vampire gave Fira a slight bow.

"Devrin Olan," he replied. "At your service."

He was disappointed that the Argonian come had alone. That wasn't what was supposed to happen. Why had his presence not sufficiently intrigued Sellia for her to come to him in person?

Instead of hiding his feelings, he acknowledged them. "It saddens me that Sellia hasn't joined us. I assume you told her that I am here? Surely she has not forgotten me? She and I were the closest of friends. And then... more than friends. My love for her has remained constant and true. I hope hers for me has not been more fickle?"

He bowed his head again, this time in humility. "I apologize. I should not put you in the middle of my troubles. Perhaps if you simply tell Sellia that her love has returned, she will change her mind and see me?"