Mek-Sha Nightlife (Star Wars) - Cont'd

Quaxo9

Re: Mek-Sha Nightlife (Star Wars)

Post by Quaxo9 »

Teizi Lin

As Master Jesk continued to speak, she felt increasingly justified in her suspicion. It was so strange to have a Jedi speak of advancement like it were the main goal of any participant in the Order. If she didn't know any better, she would assume that he'd picked up the wrong Code for meditations that morning. And speaking of the Sith...there it was. His request was couched in appropriate concern and directed mistrust, the earlier compliments now clearly statements meant to convince her to agree. To spy on the people she was currently ensconced with.

On one hand, she could understand the Council's concerns. The disturbance she'd felt that was definitely tied to the strange glass formations on the beach, coupled with the strange cloak of Dark Energy over the twin Sith girls was a lot happening in one place at one time. But was it? They were children, after all. Three children. Certainly Reyth had been trained as a Sith, but the others? Sith by birth. Was that a crime that begat constant surveillance? Besides, of the Sith present on Rishi, there were fewer still who could fell into the "Dark Side" category. Pyrran, Rossi and Shalmus had no such heaviness about them. And Arksynn...she believed that he could be turned to the Light, given time and patience.

Master Jesk was growing impatient with her pause. She needed to give him an answer.

"There is no ignorance, only knowledge. I will pursue knowledge on behalf of the Council. The Order placed its trust in me when my title was bestowed and I see no reason for that relationship to have changed."

Whether or not Master Jesk appreciated the knowledge she gathered would be another thing entirely, but his measure of her information did not concern her. If she learned anything from her brief interactions with Master Visper, it was that the Council could do very little against its own Code. She did her best to employ this tactic now.
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Felix Iresso and Theron Shan

It was becoming increasingly noticeable that Felix and Theron hadn't touched their drinks.

"Can't hold your liquor?" the pazaak dealer asked with a slight sneer.

Felix wouldn't be bullied into it. "Not anymore," he said placidly. "I served on Corellia - developed a bit of a drinking problem while I was stationed there, with all the chaos going on. Haven't touched the stuff since I got sober."

Theron briefly considered pretending to drink and feigning a reaction to the drug, but dismissed the idea. He wasn't sure what the effect was supposed to be - total unconsciousness, or being mildly impaired, or something in between? - and how much they would be expected to drink before feeling the effects. If drinking the whole thing was supposed to just make him a little wobbly, acting like he'd taken a sip and then pretending to pass out would be like waving a red flag that he was trying to play them. On the other hand, reacting too little would make it obvious he was just acting... and there was no way to know which it was supposed to be.

He came up with a hasty Plan B. Setting down his pazaak deck, he reached for his glass carelessly and knocked it to the ground, spilling the liquid. "Oops. Sorry!" he said apologetically as it soaked into the carpet.

"Oops indeed," the dealer said suspiciously, staring at the two of them while one of the bouncers went to fetch the slave boy to clean up the mess.
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Master Jesk

"Thank you for your dedication, Jedi Lin. The Council will await your report. Remember - any information that we can obtain about these Sith will be particularly advantageous in our battle against the Dark Side."

Not quite ordering her what to find... but strongly encouraging her toward a preferred outcome.

"May the Force be with you, Lin."

Jesk signed off, and immediately opened a new comm channel.

"Senator Mahr," the Master said briskly. "Your sister is causing further difficulties."

He briefly relayed the situation on Rishi to the senator, concluding with, "Any help you can provide to the Order in this will be much appreciated."

"I'll do what I can," the Senator Mahr assured him.

She always did. Jesk was one of those Jedi who had deeply enmeshed himself with the Republic military, to the point that he often lost track of where Jedi business ended and Republic strategic objectives began. Senator Keela Mahr was always more than happy to encourage Jesk in these overlapping endeavors.
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Neva Xolte and Padawan Dallyn

She couldn't just sit here not knowing - she had to get eyes on them. Touching her temple, she spoke quietly into her comm to update Akaavi on what was going on.

"Hey, so I can't see the guys - they are in some room for high-rollers. I am going in after them. I'll let you know if I get a visual."

Getting herself back into character, Neva swiped the the card and smoothly entered the room after taking a moment to steady herself against the doorjam. Security didn't look too impressed to see her inside and she couldn't help but notice that Felix and Theron looked equally miserable.

"Soooo this is where the real games are! Your manager was holding out on me!"

~~~~
Meanwhile, back on the ship, Dallyn hesitantly approached Lana and Visper with a datapad held out in front of him like it was going to bite.

"Um, so while I was waiting, I dug into the files I took and found the darkweb connection to the, uh, lab. I was wondering if it might help things along to, well, put in an order? Like for a pale-ish zabrak for example? You know, in case they don't take Felix?"

It was a terrible idea to essentially put out a hit on one of their own people, but would perhaps offer a better guarantee of results.
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Teizi Lin

As Master Jesk's form winked out of view, Teizi felt her something hit the pit of her stomach. There was so much about that conversation that just didn't sit right. She felt as though she'd done the right thing, agreeing to provide information to the Council on relevant goings on, but honestly he hadn't left her much room to refuse. If she had, she had the distinct impression that she would have been lumped in with the other 'Jedi of ill repute' he'd mentioned and a contingent of 'reliable Jedi' would have been subsequently dispatched. Her gut told her that would be a bad thing.

Did the Council have a right to be concerned? Perhaps. There was some grounds for them to contact Jedi on the ground, so to speak, about the disturbances in the Force. But, she didn't feel as though the Council, Master Jesk in particular, had any right to tell former members who they were and were not allowed to treat as family. As for what he had said about Master Visper, Teizi had really no idea what he was talking about. She had read up on the former Masters during her time at school as sort of...mentors. Guides on how to be good Jedi. Reading up on the histories of her colleagues hadn't been a priority - or an interest. Still, Jesk's accusations were unsettling - mostly due to the fact that she'd sent her padawan off with the woman in question.

If only there was a way for her to find out if Master Jesk spoke for the Council. He certainly hadn't sounded very much like a Jedi today, what with his talk of advancement and plying her with compliments. He mighaswell have attempted to Force Persuade her. It amounted to very much the same thing. Regardless, right now she was stuck playing spy. Whether or not she provided Master Jesk with the information he wanted...remained to be seen.

Arksynn

He hadn't meant to eavesdrop. He had just been passing by the kitchen window when the holocall came in - the man on the call caught his attention because he'd sounded a bit like a Sith. Obviously not the case, but he was soon glad he listened in. That Jedi was going to rat them out. All of them, even Siralai. Rat Reyth out. String her up for the Jedi to torture.

Like it was nothing.

The boy's mind raced. His first thought was to get Reyth and find a way off this rock - but again, with no credits and nowhere to go, it wouldn't be the smartest move. And then...and then there was Pyrran. His sisters were at risk too. Maybe that was his in. Maybe he could use this information to convince Pyrran to help him and Reyth get off Rishi before the Jedi came down en masse to arrest them all. Stupid Jedi.

As much as he was focused on getting a plan together, he had to admit that he was angry and hurt too. Lin had seemed the decent sort. She had fought alongside him - maybe taught him a thing or two - and helped out on the beach when she didn't have to. He had developed a bit of a crush on her based purely on her use of physical strength combined with the Force. Now, he wanted to puke. He felt like she'd been stringing him along, pretending to be nice. Pretending to be an ally. Maybe he could convince Pyrran to help him make her pay before they left.

Arksynn located Pyrran as quickly as he could. He looked about, not wanting to be overheard by the kids, or worse, any ally of Teizi's. Clearly, the young man was in some distress, no longer his sullen self but visibly anxious.

"My lord, can I have a word? I think our position here is compromised - I just overheard the Jedi say she was going to spy on us for a promotion. They are after your sisters and Reyth. So much for Jedi vows."
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Pyrran Onyk Mahr

"No need to stand on ceremony and call me 'lord,' Arksynn. Just Pyrran is fine."

He listened to what the young man had to say with shock and worry. But why was he surprised? he asked himself. How many times had Jedi turned on him in the past? Should he be shocked that it was happening now? No, his mistake was trusting their promises and believing things that were too good to be true. To the Jedi, as a Pureblood Sith, he was little more than a beast, after all. Why would they reciprocate the faith he had foolishly placed in them?

"I will speak to the Jedi and ask her to explain herself," Pyrran said evenly, trying to mask the pain in his heart.

"I'll go with you!" Vette quickly volunteered, but Pyrran shook his head.

"No, Vette. If I don't come back, I need you to protect my sisters and Cheketta. Take them..."

He was at a loss. Because he had conspired with these Jedi, he had completely burned his bridges on Dromund Kaas. There would be no going home. Where could they go...? His heart started to race.

"I'll take them somewhere," Vette promised. "Somewhere nice. I'll figure it out. But make sure you come back, okay? I'm... not gonna lose you."

"I'll do my best," Pyrran replied with a sad smile and a squeeze of her hand.

He wasn't sure exactly what to say to Teizi. How could he have been so stupid? Surely she would laugh at him, at his ridiculous trust unfitting of a Sith. It was his own fault; he should have known better.

When he found her, he gave her a slight nod of the head that was courteous but not subservient. He was very outnumbered by Jedi here - but if he was to die, he would die proudly. It was all he could do for his sisters now. For Vette.

"Jedi Lin," he said. "I understand that you must think me beyond redemption. But my sisters are children. Does that mean nothing to a Jedi?"
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Teizi Lin

She had been ruminating on her options when Pyrran approached and his statements were initially met with a blank stare. It didn't take long for it to dawn on her that her conversation with Master Jesk had been overheard and...interpreted. She supposed that it was inevitable. After all, it wasn't a big place and there were certainly a good many ears. A long sigh was the only outward show of her frustration that she should be called to give an answer so soon - before she'd even had a chance to figure out all the angles of the situation herself. There were a few things she knew for certain, though, and those things she could - and would - comfortably relay to Pyrran.

"I realize that what I did not say to Master Jesk just now may have construed in a negative light. I apologise if I have caused you distress in my handling of the situation. Please do not misunderstand. As the question was posited by Master Jesk, I had no recourse except to aver my loyalty to the Order. However, I do not agree with Master Jesk's opinion that the Dark Side of the Force has gained sway on this planet, nor with this particular group of people. I do not agree with his assessment of Siralai Mahr or Master Visper. I also do not think that the Council has any business dictating who former members of the Order associate with."

She took a deep breath, hoping that she was speaking as close to the known truth as possible. If Pyrran wasn't satisfied with her reasons, or her tone, she was well aware that the Sith was well equipped to deal with threats to his family. Teizi dearly hoped she wouldn't have to put him to the test.

"I had no quarrel with you when we met, I have no quarrel with you now. I sense nothing but the the Light when you are near. I don't see how your race should supplant how you use the Force in the eyes of the Council. I think your sisters have been through much and need healing. Their place is with you and the Mahrs - if I do report to the Council on anything going on here, that will be my verdict."
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Lana Beniko

Lana pondered this for a moment. It wasn't a terrible idea - but she had some concerns.

For one thing, springing such a huge change of plans on personnel in the field without warning or communication was not a recommended strategy, and there were quite a lot of ways it could go sideways.

She couldn't help but remember another time she had made that call... Much as she could claim to herself that she had done the right thing - the only thing - there had been undeniable repercussions.

But there was another, less nebulous reason for concern.

"It's not a bad plan," Lana conceded. "But it needs refinement. It would look far too convenient if we put in an 'order' for exactly the Zabrak who walked in - especially if they're already suspicious. It would look staged. We don't want their guard up."

Visper spoke up. "What if you let them see you, Lana? Rather than being anonymous, be the Sith who saw the Zabraks. Then maybe you could find a way to warn our people before it all goes down, also."

"That... could possibly work..." Lana replied tentatively.
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Pyrran Onyk Mahr

"I see," Pyrran said. He sighed, and turned away slightly, so his face would only be visible to Teizi in profile. "Your words are honorable. I wish to trust them. But I don't know what to believe anymore. The Jedi I have met in the past have not been kind, or fair. You understand that people depend on me? I do not wish to endanger them by trusting unwisely. Though I worry I already have. I shall never be able to return to Dromund Kaas now, so I suppose my lot is cast."

He realized he had said too much, admitted too much weakness. Could she be telling the truth? Sith constantly played political games. Did Jedi do so too?

"I apologize for my rambling. I suppose we shall both simply have to make the best of the situation."
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Padawan Dallyn

He was a bit embarrassed that his idea hadn't been as well-formed as he would have liked, but at the same time, he was proud to have come up with an idea that might help. Now, if only they could pull this off - get rid of the last apprentice and get out without losing any members of their team.

"What do you mean? Like go in there and ask? Um, do you want me to make you a buyer's profile?"

He realized after he said it that he probably didn't need to make a profile to help someone believe a Sith might want a super soldier. Especially a well-established Sith like Lana Beniko. The boy blushed and fiddled unnecessarily with the datapad before finding his voice once more.

"Once you're in range of personal comms you should be able to get a message to them, even if you can't see them right off. That is, if there aren't any signal scramblers...which is something I could probably find out."

As his mind settled onto a new problem, his anxiousness melted away and was replaced with utter concentration. Eventually, he muttered,

"I'll get into their system soon enough. I can let you know."