Int. Check: Courtly Intrigues 2.0

Shades

Int. Check: Courtly Intrigues 2.0

Post by Shades »

Alright, let's try this again. I'll add the important disclaimers first:

- This is a second attempt at a story we had on the other site, but I will try and make it fresh.
- Each writer can take up as many characters as they can handle - I just ask that you're careful when taking characters who interact closely with one another (parent and child, very close siblings, lovers, spouses) so we can open up interactions and nobody is left in a corner without interactions with other people's characters.
- Posting frequency: I would like one post a week per character, but with the world the way it is, I just ask that people communicate when they can't post or need more time so we know whether to wait or skip them for this round!
- Posting order: we'll probably have a loose order, or communicate as needed.

The plot is basically the same one as the last time we tried: King and Queen can't have an heir, and through courtly intrigues a mistress gets pushed towards the King and eventually takes the Queen's place, until things start unraveling. Ending can and will be affected by the in-game events.

Necessary characters:

King (free)
Queen (mine)
King’s relative who wants to get closer the throne (male) (mine)
King’s mistress (free, previous character's daughter) (free)
King’s main advisor (male) (free) (friendly to the King and Queen, should be an older man)
Queen's sister (free)

As you can see, I have narrowed down the character list so that we each can take two, but more characters can be added in if needed! Also, if you want to suggest swapping characters, I'm 100% open to it! I tried to keep it to 3 men and 3 women, and I've noted that the advisor is friendly to the queen, but of course he can change in the future, who knows! And we can expand if more people wish to join!
Monkey Kitty

Re: Int. Check: Courtly Intrigues 2.0

Post by Monkey Kitty »

I was planning to just use Agnes, Humphrey, and the Cardinal as before. I had plans for all of them that I never really got to explore. :)
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I'll take the King and the Queen's sister. :)
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Wish I could join, gang, but I am pretty well maxed out character/time-wise. :( Naturally, I will still follow your exploits! :D
Shades

Post by Shades »

Actually, I think I might have to take a rain check on that, but if anyone wants to take the idea and run with it, they have my blessing!
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

That's okay, Shades. We can wait till you're ready to move forward.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

It's okay, no worries, Shades. :)