Check in here!

Monkey Kitty

Re: Check in here!

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Thanks, Kulit! Looks great.

Having full archives eventually would be good for reference and posterity, but it seems like we have all of the basics we need to start posting now. Yay!
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I got the story forums up we were talking about and moved the IC threads to their appropriate places.

Are there any more sub forums we need? I figured any non story related talk can be done in the Huddle.

~Jenny
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Thanks, Jenny! I don't see anything else we need right at this moment. We can always add more later if something comes up. :)
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Wow, great work peeps! Things are starting to take shape!
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

You're welcome and yes it is. :)
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I did rename this forum slightly, because I thought the Inn sounded good for it. I figured we could use it for whatever no-RP chat we want. Forum games, sharing art, chatting, etc. But it could also be used if someone wants to start a new story too. Looking at Wayback Machine, I realized we had a lot of forums in the "Town Square" that weren't really used. Unless, you ladies think we need them back. :)
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

I think this is good, Jenny. I think on the old forums we had too many subforums and it was kind of unclear sometimes what the difference between them was. We can always add more later if it starts to get cluttered, but I would vote to stick with this for now. :)
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Agreed. Sometimes less is more. ;)
Lairston

Post by Lairston »

Wow this looks different.

I feel like I'm on the CGMB from way back.

Yeah. Jason's hesitance back in the day about vBulletin was probably justified. Meanwhile, I bought the license and said hey look what I bought. heh. I'm pretty sure his unspoken reaction was the urge to strangle me since he put so much work into making phpbb work with Wordpress back then. But I wanted vBulletin because I believed the hype of it being the best. Then I found out when I could access their customer secret forum all their developers were fired and they were using anyone that could write a line of php for a few weeks because they were bought by some company... And I was like "oh boy..."
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Hey Lairston! Good to see you! Aaand wow amazing how some companies can keep a secret, eh? Sheesh! Doesn't do anyone any favours!!