Check in here!

kulit

Check in here!

Post by kulit »

Hello, all! Everything's so clean and new, but also very dated, and I'm like. :?

As mentioned Outpost 1 on FB, setting this up so we can have a temporary space to huddle.

Summary: old forum is dying, and because software is outdated and doesn't play well with new server specifications, we need to finalize a way to move forward.

Best case scenario is still for us to be able to migrate the old forums on Vbulletin to here, if not for anything, at least archive purposes. That's still something I need to work on if feasible, and obvs will take quite a bit of time.

For current usage, I'll let you folks talk it out. 8-)

- kulit
(Goddess of the Sacred Tree, which I'd like to think still stands at this day and age :geek: )
Sojourn

Re: Check in here!

Post by Sojourn »

Hello! I feel like I'm back in the early 2000's looking at the temp board. :lol:

So, after failing to make an account as just Sojourn (apparently I decided to click that I was younger then my kid :P), Corey suggested we make this account and share it, like we do our Facebook account. Much easier then logging in and out to post in the future.

Anyway, I personally like the idea of still having a forum. It's much easier for both of us to read and use then more modern social media for role-playing purposes. That said, I agree the time has come for us to decided what to do next. We're both leaning towards migrating the archives to here and are willing to help you with the process, kulit.

~Jenny
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Hi all! :)

I definitely think a forum is the best option for our style of storytelling. However that needs to happen is fine by me.

I'm pleased that our writing is safely archived and we can take it with us. Thanks for your work on this, Kulit! :)
kulit

Post by kulit »

Good to have you on board, ladies!

SF - I see your other account. Let me know if you want me to activate it!

MK - you're definitely much welcome. :D

The way I see it, y'all can start using this forums again if you wish to. I'll give you both (and the others as soon as as they come in) some admin access, so you can start building and sprucing up the place as you wish. And also help with the spammers LOL (now i remember why we moved out of phpbb. Hahaha.)

I'll update y'all on the progress and what help I'll need with the migration. Will just also give a bit more time for the others to hop on board.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Kulit: Go ahead and just delete the other account. I'll just share this one with Corey. :)

And I'll definitely help you out how ever you need me to. I see the spammers have already started. :/
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

It would be helpful for me to have moderating abilities back. (I forget my title. My name was red.) That way I can help take care of spam. Thanks! :)
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Howdy, I am here!

I agree that forums are the best way to view and continue story telling!

Thanks kulit! :)
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Hi!

So what forums do we need reestablished first?

Obviously, the long term goal would to have all the archives here but that'll take time. Which I'm ok with, it would saddened me more to see almost 20 years of stories disappear forever instead. And now I feel very, very old. :P
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Oh, I meant to say that I would be willing to have mod powers back. I am here - mightaswell work!

We could maybe start with forums with active threads (selfishly). Also, if we are going to be using a new set up, there is no sense putting in a ton of work moving archives if this won't be their permanent home.
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

We are actively writing in Star Wars, Underworld, Hogwarts, and Guild Wars at the moment. :)