Mek-Sha Nightlife (Star Wars) - Cont'd

Monkey Kitty

Re: Mek-Sha Nightlife (Star Wars)

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Theron Shan

"Sure, kid," Theron replied when Dallyn asked to speak to him. But the subject matter of the question took him by surprise.

"Uh, I didn't, actually. Choose, that is. I was brought up in the ways of the Jedi, at first - everyone assumed that the son of the great Satele Shan would be born to it - but it turned out I wasn't Force-sensitive. Not at all. There are a lot of things they can teach you, but that's not one of them. If you have it, you have it, and if you don't... well, I didn't really have any other option but to find a different path. I'm good with it, though. Things worked out for me."

He eyed Dallyn appraisingly. "But I assume this is about more than just getting to know good old Theron better. Are we considering a career change?"
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Neva Xolte

Good advice. All of it good advice. Neva nodded, though her face suggested she was a little disappointed that there wasn't a magic bullet.

"Sounds simple enough, I guess. The kicker is having to stay on top of it all the time, right? That probably gets tiring..." And it was something that Felix had dealt with for years. She dug herself out of her own pit to give him an apologetic look. "I'm sorry you had to go in there. You got stones, Felix. I mean it."

She had to admit she felt better knowing that what she experienced was a real thing - something if not tangible, at least definable - and she wasn't alone in it either. It made it seem less like a monster creeping up on her when she knew how to keep an eye out for it. Of course it wasn't going to be easy - she could tell that much just by how quickly it knocked her for a loop - but now at least she had something of a plan.

"So, what do you want to bet that Lana's slicing into a console somewhere while Theron's flying this thing? I should probably help the guy out..." The zabrak's customary grin returned to her face, along with it the customary cheek.
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Reyth

"What she did wasn't my fault - but what I do now is." Reyth replied firmly to Siralai's kind words, intent on making the woman understand just how bad she was. "I treat Arksynn the same as she did. It makes me a monster because I don't know how to stop. I don't really want to stop."

Throwing up her hands, her brow settled low in frustration, she turned and paced back toward her bed. After a moment, she tossed on her robes, shinnying into her skirt and pulling the belt tight around her waist. After all, she was the very picture of a Sith on the inside, her outward appearance mightaswell mirror that.

Did she mean it, really? The power she loved caressed her face and cooed in her ear that she really didn't want to change. To change, to stop treating Arksynn like she did, would mean giving up power. Wasn't that the one thing Sith were supposed to pursue? But then why did her gut twist in her when she remembered the look on his face?
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Padawan Dallyn

He felt a little stupid for asking when if had he paid more attention to the rumour mill, he probably would have known why the Grand Master's son was an SIS agent instead of a Jedi. Oh well, that social faux pas wasn't the worst atrocity he would commit today. Theron had figured out what he was really asking pretty fast - of course, he was a super spy...

"Uh, well, yeah? I mean, I've be training to be a Jedi for seven years now and...no offence to any of my teachers...but I'm not sure I can do it. You know. Be the Jedi they want me to be. I don't know if I can always keep my emotions in check. And...I don't think I'm going to be great with a lightsaber any time soon...but I am good at slicing and I do want to help people. I was just thinking that maybe...maybe there's someplace I could fit in better...like maybe the SIS."

He had been rambling, and truthfully it was more of a stream-of-consciousness speech than the structured one he'd intended to give, but there it was. He'd said it. It was out in the open. No turning back.

"I just...uh, don't really know how to go about...changing careers like you said. Please don't tell Master Lin."
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Felix Iresso

Felix recognized that Neva was ending the conversation, and he respected that and understood. They wouldn't resolve all the trauma - for either of them - in one day. There was one more thing he needed to say, though. One more thing that was urgently important.

"Understood. I'll get back to it. But Neva - there's something you've gotta do, okay? You have to stay connected to the people in your life. Don't shut them out. You can't do this alone. Trust me. I... I tried to make that mistake. I thought I was too broken to go back. That everyone was better off without me, with all the damage I'd taken on. I told Visper she should leave me - that I was a different person now. I thought it was true. That it was the right thing to do. Visper wouldn't go. And I don't think I would have survived if she had. Not just because she's my wife - because she's someone I can rely on. She's my support. You have people you can rely on too, Neva. You have support. Don't ever push them away. That would be the worst mistake you could make. Okay, that's it - I'll butt out now."
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Siralai Mahr

"You don't?" Siralai gently queried. "Because you seem pretty conflicted for someone who doesn't care about what you're doing."

Conversationally, she added, "Which is not a criticism. It's good, actually. To be blunt, it's one way in which the Sith have exceeded the Jedi. The Jedi shun attachments, but the Sith understand that they can be a source of strength. It's a resource the Sith draw on that the Jedi overlook."

She made eye contact with Reyth again, and smiled. "And of course, it's why you'll be a better Sith than your Master was. You understand things she didn't, I think. You understand that power - true power, lasting power, not just fleeting dominance over another - doesn't come from pain. It doesn't come from agony. No... it comes from passion. I think that passion is something you have. It's something I see in you. It's something that's yours to command. With time, with courage, that will make you so much stronger than she was."
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Theron Shan

Theron laced his fingers behind his head and whistled lightly through his teeth, leaning back in his chair.

"Wow," he said. "That's a lot. I'm not going to talk to Master Lin. That's not my place. It's yours, when the time comes. But frankly, I think you still have a lot to think through. Is this because you don't want to be a Jedi? Because you're scared to be a Jedi? Because you're scared of failing at being a Jedi? It sounds like that's all still pretty tangled up right now."

He gave Dallyn a speculative look. "And then we get to this SIS thing. It's not an easy job. It's not an easy life. Yes, you have some skills that would help you. Strong skills. But you have to want it. You have to be ready to commit. If you're just saying you want to do it because it seems easier than being a Jedi - it's not. It's differently hard, but it's not easier. Or is this your dream? Is it your passion? I can't answer that for you - you have to figure it out for yourself."
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Neva Xolte

Her pensive face was starting to become a habit, which was almost worrying, but the thought occurred to her that maybe the reason it was so seldom seen was that she'd been running from thinking too hard for a little too long. Felix was right - she did have people she could count on - and until not that long ago, she hadn't had a soul she could turn to that she wouldn't have expected to stab her in the back or take advantage in other ways. She didn't really feel like running anymore. She felt...adrift. All this time, everything she'd done was with the plan to go off into the Wild space and find her lost family. Hadn't she?

It was strange, this feeling of wanting to stay.

"Naw, man, thanks for pointing out the obvious to the oblivious. I'll...I'm thinking on it. Thanks."

Strange, but also oddly comforting.
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Reyth

She paced the length of the room, head down, arms wrapped around her abdomen. She'd neglected to pull up her hood and regretted it now. Her emotions were plain to see on her face - not that her emotions were hidden from someone who was in touch with the Force. Usually she could hide it better. Usually she had to. She'd been so careful - worked so hard - to hide her true feelings so that Anewe's barbs wouldn't strike home. They often did, despite her best efforts. But maybe she wasn't as good as she thought because this Jedi seemed to see through her just the same.

So why didn't Siralai press the advantage? Why did she turn around and say...that? It was odd, so very odd, how she seemed to know the Sith code better than most Sith did themselves. Maybe it was her Sith kids who taught her - but Reyth doubted that. The words didn't sound like just words that tumbled out of one's head and out their mouth. It sounded like she really believed them. That they came up from someplace deeper. A knowing.

But it didn't mean that they really applied to her.

"How? I don't know any other way than this." She gestured to herself, to the dent in the ceiling from her earlier tantrum, to the open door through which Arksynn had fled. "This is all I am now. I have nothing left."
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Siralai Mahr

"Having little can be an opportunity," Siralai gently countered. "An opportunity for a clean break and a fresh start. Perhaps what you no longer carry with you is simply what no longer serves you. Your life now can be entirely what you make of it."

With a smile, she added, "Besides, I don't think you have so little as all that. Arksynn is frustrated and very hurt, but he's still here - it's not too late to make amends. I'm still here, and I'll help and support you as much as you'll let me. Trystan too. And Rossi would gladly be your friend; she quite likes you, I think. You aren't as alone as you feel right now, Reyth. If we're still around after you tried to kill us and after you blew up the beach, I think you can be sure we're not going anywhere."