Monkey Kitty

Marvel Universe OOC

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Marvel!

Plot, discuss, and prepare to be heroes! :D
Quaxo9

Re: Marvel Universe OOC

Post by Quaxo9 »

Alright, so I have no character ideas yet, but maybe filling in some blanks will help!

What city should we be in? Should it be a big metropolis or should we set it somewhere smaller...like a city on the verge of being "big"? Small town? Globe-trotting and we have clubhouses everywhere? haha

Are we going to do a sort of X-men thing, or a Kree vs Skrull thing, or an everyday mutant thing, or a "why do aliens always land in San Francisco" thing?
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

I like the idea of starting out a smaller city - big enough to have a variety of people, but not one of the huge cities that are always in movies and on TV. I'm picturing something about the size of Buffalo or similar. Just to give some variety and explain why we're not constantly running into the famous characters.

It could cover more geographic ground as the story progresses, but I think it would be helpful to have everyone start in one place so the characters can meet up more easily.

As for the focus of the plot, I didn't really have a specific plan yet. I was thinking we could work that the other direction - people could decide what type of character they want to play, and then we can formulate a direction from there. I'm fine with people picking whatever they want, and we'll make it work. A combination would be fine.

One thing I did want to mention is that I'm thinking it will be largely based on the cinematic universe. Bringing in stuff from the comics is fine too, but I think that will be easier and more accessible as a starting point, just so people aren't having to keep track of all the plot developments in a gazillion different comics. Just my thoughts, of course - others may disagree. :)
Mattson

Post by Mattson »

Going by the MCU as a cornerstone is fair. I would advise for sticky a keystone event that either pulls people to said location or serves as the origin of the powers. As I have tried a few super hero games as both player and GM, I found that the shared origin does help keep players together or a shared interest in uncovering what caused event x lays down bonds.
Lord Mattson, LM, Janus, I have many hats
Wandering Games Master
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

So, I was actually thinking of bringing in some characters that I played in the DC universe - I had actually established that one had been to the Marvel universe at some point, too, actually. My family of mutants with a dark family secret! I'm thinking that there was a dimensional rift event that they got sucked up in and S.H.I.E.L.D. showed up to run a "keep quiet" routine. They probably questioned them a bit - probably know that they are mutants - and set them up in suburbia until they can get them a rift home. Maybe...the suburb is kind of like witness protection? That could be what brings people together, even though they might not know who (or what) their neighbours are? Of course, being mutants, I'm sure something will happen that will cause them to work on behalf of their new city... ;)

What do youse think?
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Sounds great.

My Skrulls can be your neighbors. ;)
Mattson

Post by Mattson »

If we go with the suburb of the weird, that does work nicely off an idea I've had in my head for a fair amount of time with a small tweak or two. A semi-retired illusionist who SHIELD keeps on call to help things stay quiet. Not officially part of their outfit with a set of deals exchanged. His family have been serving as stage magicians for several generations.
Lord Mattson, LM, Janus, I have many hats
Wandering Games Master
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Mattson wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:03 pm If we go with the suburb of the weird, that does work nicely off an idea I've had in my head for a fair amount of time with a small tweak or two. A semi-retired illusionist who SHIELD keeps on call to help things stay quiet. Not officially part of their outfit with a set of deals exchanged. His family have been serving as stage magicians for several generations.
Ooo... sounds neat! :)
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Oooh! Exciting! Sounds like things are coming together... ;)
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

I feel like I should add that my chars (the older ones, anyway) have a bit of a 'thing' about magic-users. Hehe. I think your character might help expose the secret they are working so hard to keep under wraps.