Random Thoughts

Sojourn

Random Thoughts

Post by Sojourn »

A staple since the OG Crossgen boards here is a new "Random Thoughts" for all your random posting needs. ;)
Sojourn

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Sojourn »

A few random things:

- Happy Halloween! 🎃 Have a safe and spooky day.
- I (Jenny) joined the original Crossgen boards way back in Sept 2002! Making my own posting in a community that eventually became Q & Q older then both Twitter and Facebook.
-Teddy has had a great Cross Country season this year, despite Covid. Last Saturday he ran Districts for his first time ever and his team got 3rd place. Today he is running in Regionals. Again, it's his first time but we know he'll do great. He's even got home field advantage, running in our park. Good luck to both his and the Girl's Cross Country teams. :)
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Congrats to Teddy, and wishing him the best of luck for Regionals.

I may be a little scarce on the boards in the coming week or so. I'm an election inspector, so I'll be at the polls allllll day Tuesday, and then that weekend I'm going camping (cabin, not tent - it's chilly out!) so I won't have internet access.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Thank you. :)

Have fun camping and working as poll worker. I've thought of looking into it.Especially since Lowe's does give us 8 hours of volunteer time, but I waited too long to look into it.

~Jenny
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Well, Regionals is over and Teddy did a good job. He got 47th place and the Boys Team got 4th place. Sadly, the season is over for him and the team, but that's okay. We're so proud how he and all the boys did. He had an amazing season. He ended with being the 6th best runner on the team. Which is awesome being a Sophomore.
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Working at the polls is really fun! There's generally a really good feeling of teamwork.

It's a very long day. We start at 5:30am and work until custody of the ballots is transferred after the polls close - that usually ends up being around 10pm.

I really enjoy it, though. This will be my third year.
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Sojourn Prime wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:03 pm Well, Regionals is over and Teddy did a good job. He got 47th place and the Boys Team got 4th place. Sadly, the season is over for him and the team, but that's okay. We're so proud how he and all the boys did. He had an amazing season. He ended with being the 6th best runner on the team. Which is awesome being a Sophomore.
Congratulations to Teddy on his excellent work! :)
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Glad you like it. I'm sure it is very rewarding. And thank you. He was a little disappointed that the season is over, he loves to compete. But he is also proud of how much he accomplished this year. He got his second athletic letter and ran in Regionals, there is nothing to be ashamed of. He did great this year.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

It's November and once again our neighbors think we're crazy. The Christmas decorations are going up. 🎄 :P 🎄
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

LOL!

We had snow last night through this morning, so winter doesn't feel too far away. ;)