Random Thoughts

Sojourn

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Sojourn »

Happy Easter everyone! Have a safe and happy holiday.

🐇🐣🐰🐥
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Hokey smokes! No way!!! You are not the only one you feels old... :P
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I bet, lol. I remembering announcing my pregnancy on the old CG boards. It's hard to believe how long ago that was. It was before Facebook and Twitter. Lol 😅
Mattson

Post by Mattson »

I'm going to put this here as I don't want to make its own thread. I did not escape the plague. It got me on March 20th and knocked me out for the majority of a week and a half. The ear infection that swooped in a few days into it didn't help. I am finally returning to work at 3pm today (Friday) and have recovered. I wouldn't wish this on most of my enemies. Thankfully, I had both my tax returns and the stimulus check to keep my finances in shape and work got me at least 1 of the weeks I was down on pay checks. So best wishes to all of you and I hope no one gets it.
Lord Mattson, LM, Janus, I have many hats
Wandering Games Master
Monkey Kitty

Post by Monkey Kitty »

Sorry to hear you had a rough time of it. :( Glad you're starting to feel better!
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Aw Matts I am so sorry to hear!! Glad you are recovering, but man, not cool! *hugs* Take it easy!
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I'm so sorry hear you got sick. I'm glad you're starting to feel better, though. :hugs:
Jas

Post by Jas »

Since it has been a while since I've been around:

I'm still married, and my wife is still struggling with her health issues. Company I was working for most of the time I was on the forum let me go back in 2012. I was the developer for their Microsoft CRM system at the time. I couple months later, I started working from home for a consulting company doing development for Microsoft CRM. In 2017, I was hired to work as a senior developer in the IT department of a large fitness (gym) company working on Microsoft Dynamics CRM. They relocated me from Central California down to Southern California. I worked for them for two years before accepting a position for another consulting company and working from home again. This later moved me back close to family that I moved away from back in 2003. That company didn't deliver on their promises, and I was hired by the IT department of a business to business retail company, working remotely as a technical lead for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Then COVID hit, and I was furloughed for 5 months before being hired by yet another consulting company, this time as a manager/technical architect for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Third day on the new job, I suffered a stroke, and was in the hospital a week, then stayed with parents for another two weeks recovering, as they were better able to help me with the recovery process. I'm doing fine now, just minor balance issues still, and the new company is going really well.

So, that being said, it is good to see everyone again! :D
We're all mad here.
Quaxo9

Post by Quaxo9 »

Hokey smokes, Jas - what a wild ride! :S I'm glad to hear that you pulled through after your stroke. Pretty scary stuff!

Good to see you too! :D
Jas

Post by Jas »

The stroke was very unexpected. For one, I'm still relatively young for a stroke. In addition, I had none of the risk factors. The day before the stroke, I had vertigo (it happens on occasion), and I tried to move when I shouldn't have. That caused me to fall and hit my head. They think the stroke was related to that head injury. It was in the cerebellum (back of the brain) where balance and coordination are. So, I didn't have all the "classic" stroke symptoms.
We're all mad here.